Globelink Secure Zone™ Newsletter
“I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.”-
– Louisa May Alcott
5 Advantages of Using Video Surveillance in Your Business
Do you currently use video surveillance cameras to help protect your business? If not, you may be putting yourself and your livelihood at risk. The fact is, the vast majority of business owners have begun to use video surveillance to help safeguard their property, and there’s several good reasons for this. Today, it’s
no longer enough just to lock your doors and hope for the best – you have to be proactive.
If you have been thinking about investing in a video surveillance system for your business, consider the many advantages it has to offer. Five of the most appealing are found here.
- Reduce and prevent instances of theft. When you put security cameras throughout your business, you can prevent may crimes, including break-ins, theft and vandalism.
- Availability of real-time monitoring. Thanks to modern technology, you can now view live footage of your business, even when you aren’t there. This allows you to “keep an eye on things,” regardless of if you are at home or on vacation.
- Resolve disputes faster. Disputes can occur each day and it doesn’t matter what type of business you run – this is a fact. With video surveillance in place, you can know what happened, without having to try and figure out the truth.
- Have undeniable evidence. When you use video surveillance, you can provide the necessary evidence if a crime happens to occur in your workplace.5. Save money. A video surveillance system is a cost-effective addition to any business. They are more affordable than hiring a full-time security officer, and they may even help you reduce your insurance rates.
As you can see, installing a video surveillance system is something that just makes sense. If you have not yet done this, now is the time to act.
Buying a New Home? Reasons to Have New Locks Installed Right Away
Have you recently purchased a new home? There’s no question that this is an exciting milestone in anyone’s life. However, before you begin a new life in your brand-new home, it’s smart to have all the exterior door locks replaced.
You may wonder why this is necessary. After all, you were told that the previous owners gave you all their copies. Or, you could be moving into a home that was just built – which means there are no previous owners. If this is the case, you may not think that having new locks installed is an important investment.
In most cases, this isn’t going to be your safest bet. Some of the reasons you should consider investing in new locks for your new home can be found here.
The previous owners may still have copies of the keys. The previous owners seem nice and honest; however, they likely lived in the house for several years and likely had house cleaners, dog sitters, relatives, neighbors and others who had keys. Can you be sure that none of these people still have a copy? The best option is to have the locks replaced, which gives you peace of mind.
Your home is being constructed for you and no one will live in in before you. While this may be true, there’s a good chance that all of the locks have a master key – this is a common practice for most builders. After all, they are usually constructing many homes in a single subdivision, which means having one key that unlocks them all is just more convenient. In many cases, subcontractors will also receive a copy of the master key. If you want to ensure your new home is safe and secure, then have new locks installed before you move in.
You have insurance. While it is absolutely necessary to have homeowner’s insurance, it won’t prevent someone from breaking into your home. Having new locks installed is a small investment. Keep your home, family and belongings safe by having new locks installed.
If you are moving, don’t leave the safety and security of your home at risk. When you invest in new locks, you can ensure your home and family are protected at all times.
Refresh Your Health This Fall with These 5 Tips
When September approaches, everyone starts to get ready for fall. From pumpkin spiced everything, to cooler weather and comfy sweaters, there’s no question that shorter days are right around the corner.
With the arrival of fall, it also means that diets, schedules and even motivation levels change, too. If you want to ensure you continue to remain healthy and reach new health goals, then consider using the five tips here this fall. You may come out even healthier next spring!
- Get outside. Now is the time to take advantage of the cooler temperatures (that everyone hopes are around the corner) and take a walk in the morning or evening with your kids or pup. Maybe even add a job in the mix a few times a week. This can help you curb the additional calorie intake that commonly occurs during the fall.
- Become BFFs with your crockpot. When the temps get cooler, it means that your cravings for comfort food may kick in. If you want to avoid giving into temptation and indulging, consider using your crockpot. This will help you create hearty, delicious and healthy meals that are ready at the end of your long, hectic day.
- Eat seasonal veggies. During the summer, you likely enjoyed all types of seasonal produce. However, these are going to be out of season pretty soon and they are going to be harder to come be. Now is the time to the fall veggies, such as pumpkin, apples, pears, sweet potatoes and butternut squash.
- Avoid snacking late at night. When time changes, this can be especially difficult. However, try to stick to regular times to eat your meals and resist the urge to throw in an after-dinner snack. You will feel better and avoid eating several hundred additional calories.
- Write down your fall health goals. When you actually write down a goal, you will be much more likely to achieve it. Take some time to write your goals down this fall.
The Future of Video Surveillance: Thermal Video Cameras
Video surveillance cameras have come quite some way in the ability they have to show clear, precise images in low light. Today, infrared lights are a very common feature, even in the lowest priced cameras. Right now, the low light cameras have the ability to show a reasonable image in low light conditions; however, none of these even come close to the images produced by a thermal camera. When it comes to effective video surveillance and detection of outdoor intrusions, thermal cameras are second-to-none.
The Inner Workers of Thermal Cameras
A thermal camera works by showing temperatures by using a colored image. They show the cooler temperatures in blue and green, and warmer or hotter temperatures in red, orange and yellow. Since humans (and mammals) are predictably warm, these cameras are able to show people even when it’s pitch black, or in other low visibility situations, such as thick smoke.
The images produced by a thermal camera makes identifying people or animals much easier. This new technology makes video analytics more effective in cutting through any irrelevant activity and focusing on human activity. Thanks to the integrated video analytics, alarms can be triggered,
and a notification sent when someone is approaching or taking some other pre-defined action.
The Dropping Cost of Thermal Video Surveillance Technology
Thanks to the advancement of this technology, the cost of thermal imaging is dropping quickly. Just five years ago, high quality thermal video cameras could cost more than $100,000. Today, you can find these for $5,000 or less. One reason for this is because the cameras are being used in mass market vehicles.
Pretty soon, their prices are going to be similar to standard video devices.
If you are searching for a better way to secure your business or property, then it may be time to consider investing in thermal video surveillance cameras.
Unusual Hobbies of Popular Celebrities
Do you like spending time birdwatching, or surfing? Have you ever wondered how celebrities “blow off steam,” relax and unwind? If so, you’re in the right place. Learn about some unusual hobbies of popular celebrities here.
This well-known actress collects daggers. In fact, it was her mom who first got her interested when she was a kid, and she hopes to one day pass on this hobby to Maddox, her son.
The ukulele is Buffet’s hobby of choice. He even played a duet with Jon Bon Jovi in the past.
Being an actor and filmmaker doesn’t leave much free time for Hanks; however, what he does have he spends collecting vintage typewriters. In fact, he has been building his collection since 1978.
This Academy Award winning actress loves ping pong and calls herself a propagandist. She loves it so much she gives the ping pong tables to her friends, as well as inner-city schools.